At Back To Health Family Chiropractic in Fort Worth, we specialize in the Atlas Orthogonal chiropractic care technique to provide our patients with a uniquely effective, and yet, gentle and specific approach to pain relief and overall wellness. If you're considering Atlas Orthogonal chiropractic care, it's essential to know what to expect, the healing time involved, and the do's and don'ts for optimal results.
Your Initial Consultation and Examination
During your first visit, Dr. Michlin will conduct a thorough consultation to understand your medical history and current health concerns. He will perform a comprehensive examination, which will include taking a series of specialized x-ray views, to evaluate the alignment of your atlas vertebra. Dr. Michlin may also take thoracic and lumbar views as necessary to assess the rest of the spine in order to determine if the Atlas Orthogonal technique is the right treatment for you.
The Atlas Orthogonal Adjustment
The Atlas Orthogonal adjustment is a gentle and specific technique that uses the Atlas Orthogonal Precision Adjusting Instrument to apply a controlled, light force to the atlas vertebra. This non-invasive procedure realigns the atlas vertebra, relieving pressure on the nerves and improving communication between the brain and the rest of the body.
The healing time for Atlas Orthogonal chiropractic care varies from person to person, depending on factors such as age, overall health, and the severity of the injury. Some patients experience immediate relief, while others may require a series of adjustments over several weeks or months to achieve optimal results. Dr. Chris Michlin will closely monitor your progress and adjust your treatment plan as needed.
Do's and Don'ts of Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractic Care
1. Drink plenty of water. We recommend taking your current weight, divide that number in half. For that many pounds, that would be the ideal amount of fluid ounces of water you will need to drink.
2. Apply ice on your affected areas of pain. We strongly recommend ice instead of other cold alternatives as it is the most effective at reducing heat and swelling from further inflammation.
3. Lie down and rest.
4. Communicate any changes in your symptoms or concerns with Dr. Michlin.
1. Ignore your chiropractor's advice regarding lifestyle changes.
2. Engage in activities that may exacerbate your condition or cause re-injury. Dr. Michlin will discuss specifics individually for your needs
3. Discontinue treatment prematurely or skip appointments.
Schedule Your Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractic Care Appointment
At Back To Health Family Chiropractic in Fort Worth, TX, we are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality chiropractic care. If you're seeking relief from pain or looking to improve your overall wellness, contact our experienced Board Certified Atlas Orthogonist, Dr. Chris Michlin, today to schedule an appointment. Call us at (817) 810-9111 and let us help you achieve optimal health and well-being through the Atlas Orthogonal chiropractic care technique.